Granite countertops have become quite common in high-end homes over the years. Granite comes in a variety of color options and with so many unique patterns, granite countertops easily become the focal point of kitchen remodels. This natural stone product is also quite durable, which is another reason so many remodelers and interior designers like to use it.
However, granite is a rather expensive material that can cause the price of a kitchen remodel to skyrocket. There’s very little room for error when working with granite, and granite countertops require regular maintenance and care to ensure that they continue to look good.
If you find yourself debating whether or not to choose granite countertops for your kitchen, take a look at some of the pros and cons of granite countertops to help you make your decision.
- Granite is heat resistant.
- It is also resistant to cuts and scratches.
- Natural stone patterns create a one-of-a-kind look.
- Granite is a porous material, meaning there are small holes in this material that are prone to harboring bacteria.
- Granite requires regular sealing.
- Granite is the most expensive option compared to other countertop materials.
- Granite can be stained or discolored by common items such as citric juices.
- It can be difficult to match the seams between the slabs of granite.
- Granite is difficult to repair if damaged which can leave costly replacement as the only option.
- As a natural stone, a few granite varieties contain high levels of radiation and radon.
For those who have determined that granite isn’t the right option for their kitchen, Miracle Method offers a cost-effective alternative called Natural Accents. This high-tech coating offers the wonderful look of stone that many desire, but without the expense and maintenance that granite requires. Visit our website to learn more about this great alternative for your countertops.