If you think homeowners are kicking back this summer, think again. Soaring property values are boosting home equity and homeowners are tackling home maintenance and remodeling projects they’ve put aside all year long.
Summer is a perfect time for homeowners to complete renovations and here’s why!
Refresh Your Home
During summertime, the urge comes along to renew your home’s appearance. Stay current with the changing seasons by updating key areas of the home like the kitchen or baths. If you find that you love your current kitchen, but simply want to change the color of your countertops, refinish your existing surfaces. Surface refinishing is one of the most affordable alternatives to the cost and hassle of traditional replacement. Give your kitchen a modern, new look in as little as two to three days. Check out the beautiful transformations for yourself right here.
The Fresh Summer Air
Summertime is not only a great time to open your doors and windows for some fresh cool air, but is helpful for creating proper ventilation during any renovation project. Generally, most renovation projects occurring in the home call for an adequate amount of air-flow to eliminate dust and debris using a window or a door opening. In months of summer, you certainly won’t regret embracing the natural breeze.
Your Schedule Is More Open
There’s no denying your schedule frees up more in the summer between holiday and vacation time. These extra hours allow you to put more focus on your home remodel and less disruption to your daily routine. If you’re planning on taking a vacation away from home, you may find you will lessen the anticipation of awaiting a completed project. More importantly, you get to return home to a beautifully upgraded home.
The Perfect Time For Grilling
Even with a time-savings and affordable remodeling solution like surface refinishing, your kitchen will be out of service for a short period of time. The summertime gives you the flexibility to move your cooking area outdoors with little inconvenience. Being able to fire up the grill is just one of the many reasons why summer remodeling is so popular.
Beat The Holiday Rush
Reduce the stress of your remodel this year and complete your project before your holiday guests arrive. Waiting till early October or November to begin remodeling is always a stressful time for homeowners. Despite the season you choose to remodel in, avoid lengthy timelines and the expense that comes along with demolition and replacement. So go ahead, jump start to your home remodel this summer.
Ideas to refresh your home this summer can be as simple as updating your landscape with shrubbery, gardens, walkways, and more. Remodeling projects that involves the outside of the home like room additions, decks, patios and landscaping can often be completed much faster during the summertime. With fewer weather delays and longer stretches of daylight, remodeling in the summer months is key for outdoor projects.
If you’ve scheduled your remodeling project in the busy months of lawnmowers, cook-outs and outdoor events taking place around the community, you can expect less disruption to close-by neighbors. If your neighbors happen to be away on vacation, there is even less opportunity for noise complaints or inconveniences. Either way, let your neighbors know in advance of when your remodeling project is taking place. They will surely appreciate the courtesy.
Interested in saving time and money remodeling your bath or kitchen this summer? Now’s the time. Call Miracle Method at 855-212-7337 or visit the website by clicking right here.
Summer Maintenance Checklist: Home Repairs You Must Complete Before Selling
It’s difficult to imagine sinking money into home repairs prior to listing. But, in order to get the most up-to-date value for your home, it’s important to tackle necessary repair work against everyday wear and tear. Take a look at these top home repairs you must complete before selling this summer!
The cost of replacing countertops can be substantial and should be avoided prior to selling your home. With affordable remodeling solutions like surface refinishing, you no longer have to tear out and replace your kitchen countertops to make them beautiful again! Refinishing is a unique, multi-step process that repairs damage to the existing surface including burns, knife marks, scratches or chips. The surface is then thoroughly cleaned before applying a durable, new finish for an upgraded look at a fraction of the cost of replacement. Refinishing your countertops will transform the look of your kitchen and give it that ‘wow’ factor that buyers desire!
If any of your bathroom surfaces are hard to clean, discolored or damaged, surface refinishing is highly recommended. Surface repair and refinishing can extend the life of your existing bathroom fixtures up to 15 years or more. This budget-friendly alternative to removal and replacement will help you return your outdated bathroom fixtures to like-new condition in as little as two days or less.
The brighter, cleaner and more modernized your bathroom appears, the better! Surface refinishing will allow you to upgrade your bathroom at an affordable rate, while significantly boosting the value of your home. Investing money into key selling areas of the home like your bathroom translates into a quicker sale for an even higher price!
Buyers out in the market today prefer homes with an upscale appearance. Consider swapping out any outdated or dull lighting fixtures for brand new ones. This is an inexpensive fix that will easily update the ambiance of your home prior to listing it. And best of all, you don’t need a professional to install new lighting fixtures either. Shop stores like Wayfair, Lowe’s and Home Depot for the latest trends and selections in home lighting.
To significantly increase the resale value of your home, repairs must be done. Setting aside time to make even the smallest repairs like to leaking faucets and loose door knobs is a relatively simple fix, but will certainly pay off in the end. 100% functionality is important to future home buyers, especially when it comes down to home inspection. Remember, taking care of even the smallest repairs before listing your home will help you to avoid the risk of price reductions.
Don’t overlook the exterior of your home, as it happens to be one of the very first things a prospective buyer will notice. Setting a good first impression from the outside of the home is just as important as the inside. If you have worn shingles, torn screens or damaged windows, you must make repairs as necessary. Exterior repairs translate to home curb appeal!
A clean and clear gutter free of leaves and debris is one that flows freely. Cleaning your gutter is always a good idea, as it can become easily filled with debris over time. After your gutter has been cleared of any accumulated debris, use a garden hose to flush it. This will help you spot any leaks that need to be repaired. A regular gutter cleaning prevents damage to your landscaping and siding. And when it comes to home inspection, your gutter will surely be in the clear!
Neutral Wall Colors
You may find your home’s color palette attractive but ask yourself if it will it be suitable for a future home buyer. Believe it or not, wall color is a big deciding factor for prospective home buyers. In fact, Real estate professionals recommend sticking to neutral paint shades like white, cream, beige or a soft grey. Not only will lighter wall colors visually create more space, but they’re likely to appeal to most home buyer’s taste. If you have neutral wall colors in your home already, be sure to touch up chipped paint and patch up any holes.
Replace carpet that is worn, stained, or simply just the wrong color. In some cases, professional carpet cleaning can restore the look and feel of your carpet to almost like-new condition. However, if carpet stains remain noticeable after cleaning treatment, it’s best to replace it before listing your home. The good news is carpet replacement is reasonably priced and will add major resale value to your home.
To learn more about affordable ways to add value to your home, check out our website here or call to schedule a free estimate today at 855-212-7337. Click here to locate a Miracle Method location near you!
If you’re planning on listing your home this Summer, then you’ll want to be sure you’re geared up and ready for one of the busiest seasons in real estate. Use these clever tips and suggestions to position yourself for success!
1. Make Improvements: Buyers want a home that’s move in ready home, meaning a home with an updated look that requires minimal repair and renovation work. To attract eager home buyers faster, consider making improvements prior to listing your home. Focus on key selling areas of the home like the kitchen, living room or bathrooms. Affordable remodeling solutions like surface refinishing, a new coat of paint and adding beautiful new trim can significantly boost the value of your home!
2. Start Packing: If you’re a prospective home seller, you certainly won’t regret getting a jump start on your move! We suggest boxing up items in advance and using a permanent marker to label the sides of each box, so you can easily identify what’s inside when stacked. Getting an early start on packing not only keeps you organized throughout your move, but it frees up more space. This is especially important, when it comes time to showing your home!
3. Start Cleaning: One of the best tips for showing a home is to make sure you tidy up! Start with cleaning entryways, making beds and organizing any closet space. This “staged appearance” will easily attract prospective home buyers. It’s also a good idea to put away any distracting items sitting on top of countertops and shelves that might make a home feel cluttered and small. A clean and spacious look creates a realistic vision for home buyers.
4. Find Your Agent: There are so many choices when it comes to selecting a real estate agent. Take referrals from your friends and family members. Consider an agent’s experience, knowledge of the market and client reviews found online. A qualified and knowledgeable real estate agent will be able to better assist you with highlighting your home’s best features, getting top value and making the process of receiving and making offers almost seamless!
For more information about surface refinishing and how to prepare for the summer real estate market with Miracle Method, click here to visit our website.
Finding a Mother’s Day gift to show your appreciation doesn’t have to be difficult task. We’ve put together a list of memorable and unique Mother’s Day gift ideas that will truly make Mom feel special this year! Whether you’re shopping for your Wife, Mom, Grandma, Mother-in-Law, or even just a friend, these unique Mother’s Day gift ideas will make this Mother’s Day the best one yet!
The Perfect Weekend Getaway
Give Mom a much-needed break by surprising her with a very much-needed weekend getaway. Moms work extra hard and they deserve some time to sit back and relax. There’s absolutely no better way to show your mom just how much you love her by arranging a special trip for the two of you. Weekend getaways are great for shopping, spa days, hiking or even enjoying a night out in the city.
Treating her to a mini vacation will leave her feeling extra rested and she will certainly appreciate the thoughtfulness!
The Kitchen of Her Dreams
Nothing says “I love you” more than turning your Mother’s dream kitchen into a reality! If the Mom in your life spends a lot of time in her kitchen whipping up her favorite recipes for the family, but can hardly stand the look of her outdated countertops, it’s time for a remodel! Consider refinishing your Mom’s existing kitchen surfaces for a beautiful, new look and feel without the mess, hassle and cost of traditional replacement methods. You can’t go wrong with a durable, long-lasting solution that’s not only budget friendly but delivers high-quality results.
Scrapbook of Memories
Stroll down memory lane with a scrapbook filled with heartfelt memories! Use online album builders like Shutterfly for an easy to design scrapbook that can be delivered straight to your front doorstep. If you prefer to design it yourself, stores like Hobby Lobby and JoAnn Fabrics offer a great selection of scrapbook paper, embellishments and stickers. Moms love gifts that come straight from the heart. Plus, she will be able to look back and cherish all the fun memories you have together.
Monthly Gift Clubs
Moms deserve to be pampered not just in the month of May but all year long! Now with monthly programs like Monthly Wine Clubs, Monthly Cheese Clubs and Monthly Book Clubs you can give your Mom a Mother’s Day gift that lasts all year. After all, it’s the little things that will make her smile the most!
Unique Mother’s Day gift ideas show Mom just how much she means to you! For more information about remodeling your Mother’s kitchen or a bathroom for Mother’s Day, visit Miracle Method’s website right here.
If you’re one of the many homeowners who have damaged countertops in your kitchen or have a shower in your bathroom that’s just impossible to clean, it’s time to consider a serious makeover! There’s no better time to start tackling those remodeling projects you’ve been planning for years than when you’ve got a little extra cash to do it. Tax refunds make for a great opportunity to reinvest your money right back into your home.
We’ve put together a list of home improvement projects that will be sure to help you get the most out of your tax return this year!
1. Kitchen Remodel: One of the best places to spend your tax return is in your very own kitchen. Experts agree that kitchen remodeling generates a significant return on investment. By selecting an efficient, yet high-quality remodeling solution like Miracle Method’s refinishing process you can upgrade your kitchen for a fraction of the cost of messy tear-out and replacement. With cost-savings like this, you’ll have some extra room in your budget for new appliances, light fixtures and other accessories to help modernize your kitchen.
2. Door & Window Upgrades: Boost your home’s curb appeal by replacing your front door and windows! Swapping out old, drafty or broken doors or windows are considered smart ways to spend your tax return for many important reasons. The best part about door and window upgrades is you can save big on your energy bills. You will also improve security and overall increase the value of your home. Whether you’re planning on staying in your home for many more years or thinking about putting it on the market, budget-friendly upgrades provides a significant return on your investment (ROI.)
3. Bathroom Renovations: When it comes to home improvements, updating your bathrooms in your home will certainly benefit the entire family. Old, discolored and ugly bathroom fixtures like vanities, bathtubs, showers, tile surrounds and floors can dramatically age the look and feel of your home. For a time and cost-saving option, consider repairing and refinishing your existing fixtures right in place. To complete your remodel swap, add new mirrors, change up your decor and replace light fixtures. These small decorative changes will give your bathroom the makeover it truly deserves!
4. Customize your Closet: Designing a closet space that’s beautiful, yet functional might not be a priority for the rest of the family, but it certainly offers an excellent return on investment. Use your tax return to customize your closet space exactly the way you want it! By installing new shelves, hooks, shoe racks and drawers you will create maximum storage space. It may be a difficult task to remodel your closet at first, but when you’re ready to sell your home it will be far more appealing to buyers out on the market. Use these tips from HGTV to get organized!
Spend your tax return on a remodeling project that adds beauty and value to your home! For more information affordable refinishing services, call Miracle Method at (855) 212-7337, or visit the website by clicking right here.