Summer Maintenance Checklist: Home Repairs You Must Complete Before Selling
It’s difficult to imagine sinking money into home repairs prior to listing. But, in order to get the most up-to-date value for your home, it’s important to tackle necessary repair work against everyday wear and tear. Take a look at these top home repairs you must complete before selling this summer!
The cost of replacing countertops can be substantial and should be avoided prior to selling your home. With affordable remodeling solutions like surface refinishing, you no longer have to tear out and replace your kitchen countertops to make them beautiful again! Refinishing is a unique, multi-step process that repairs damage to the existing surface including burns, knife marks, scratches or chips. The surface is then thoroughly cleaned before applying a durable, new finish for an upgraded look at a fraction of the cost of replacement. Refinishing your countertops will transform the look of your kitchen and give it that ‘wow’ factor that buyers desire!
If any of your bathroom surfaces are hard to clean, discolored or damaged, surface refinishing is highly recommended. Surface repair and refinishing can extend the life of your existing bathroom fixtures up to 15 years or more. This budget-friendly alternative to removal and replacement will help you return your outdated bathroom fixtures to like-new condition in as little as two days or less.
The brighter, cleaner and more modernized your bathroom appears, the better! Surface refinishing will allow you to upgrade your bathroom at an affordable rate, while significantly boosting the value of your home. Investing money into key selling areas of the home like your bathroom translates into a quicker sale for an even higher price!
Buyers out in the market today prefer homes with an upscale appearance. Consider swapping out any outdated or dull lighting fixtures for brand new ones. This is an inexpensive fix that will easily update the ambiance of your home prior to listing it. And best of all, you don’t need a professional to install new lighting fixtures either. Shop stores like Wayfair, Lowe’s and Home Depot for the latest trends and selections in home lighting.
To significantly increase the resale value of your home, repairs must be done. Setting aside time to make even the smallest repairs like to leaking faucets and loose door knobs is a relatively simple fix, but will certainly pay off in the end. 100% functionality is important to future home buyers, especially when it comes down to home inspection. Remember, taking care of even the smallest repairs before listing your home will help you to avoid the risk of price reductions.
Don’t overlook the exterior of your home, as it happens to be one of the very first things a prospective buyer will notice. Setting a good first impression from the outside of the home is just as important as the inside. If you have worn shingles, torn screens or damaged windows, you must make repairs as necessary. Exterior repairs translate to home curb appeal!
A clean and clear gutter free of leaves and debris is one that flows freely. Cleaning your gutter is always a good idea, as it can become easily filled with debris over time. After your gutter has been cleared of any accumulated debris, use a garden hose to flush it. This will help you spot any leaks that need to be repaired. A regular gutter cleaning prevents damage to your landscaping and siding. And when it comes to home inspection, your gutter will surely be in the clear!
Neutral Wall Colors
You may find your home’s color palette attractive but ask yourself if it will it be suitable for a future home buyer. Believe it or not, wall color is a big deciding factor for prospective home buyers. In fact, Real estate professionals recommend sticking to neutral paint shades like white, cream, beige or a soft grey. Not only will lighter wall colors visually create more space, but they’re likely to appeal to most home buyer’s taste. If you have neutral wall colors in your home already, be sure to touch up chipped paint and patch up any holes.
Replace carpet that is worn, stained, or simply just the wrong color. In some cases, professional carpet cleaning can restore the look and feel of your carpet to almost like-new condition. However, if carpet stains remain noticeable after cleaning treatment, it’s best to replace it before listing your home. The good news is carpet replacement is reasonably priced and will add major resale value to your home.
To learn more about affordable ways to add value to your home, check out our website here or call to schedule a free estimate today at 855-212-7337. Click here to locate a Miracle Method location near you!
If you’re planning on listing your home this Summer, then you’ll want to be sure you’re geared up and ready for one of the busiest seasons in real estate. Use these clever tips and suggestions to position yourself for success!
1. Make Improvements: Buyers want a home that’s move in ready home, meaning a home with an updated look that requires minimal repair and renovation work. To attract eager home buyers faster, consider making improvements prior to listing your home. Focus on key selling areas of the home like the kitchen, living room or bathrooms. Affordable remodeling solutions like surface refinishing, a new coat of paint and adding beautiful new trim can significantly boost the value of your home!
2. Start Packing: If you’re a prospective home seller, you certainly won’t regret getting a jump start on your move! We suggest boxing up items in advance and using a permanent marker to label the sides of each box, so you can easily identify what’s inside when stacked. Getting an early start on packing not only keeps you organized throughout your move, but it frees up more space. This is especially important, when it comes time to showing your home!
3. Start Cleaning: One of the best tips for showing a home is to make sure you tidy up! Start with cleaning entryways, making beds and organizing any closet space. This “staged appearance” will easily attract prospective home buyers. It’s also a good idea to put away any distracting items sitting on top of countertops and shelves that might make a home feel cluttered and small. A clean and spacious look creates a realistic vision for home buyers.
4. Find Your Agent: There are so many choices when it comes to selecting a real estate agent. Take referrals from your friends and family members. Consider an agent’s experience, knowledge of the market and client reviews found online. A qualified and knowledgeable real estate agent will be able to better assist you with highlighting your home’s best features, getting top value and making the process of receiving and making offers almost seamless!
For more information about surface refinishing and how to prepare for the summer real estate market with Miracle Method, click here to visit our website.
Finding a Mother’s Day gift to show your appreciation doesn’t have to be difficult task. We’ve put together a list of memorable and unique Mother’s Day gift ideas that will truly make Mom feel special this year! Whether you’re shopping for your Wife, Mom, Grandma, Mother-in-Law, or even just a friend, these unique Mother’s Day gift ideas will make this Mother’s Day the best one yet!
The Perfect Weekend Getaway
Give Mom a much-needed break by surprising her with a very much-needed weekend getaway. Moms work extra hard and they deserve some time to sit back and relax. There’s absolutely no better way to show your mom just how much you love her by arranging a special trip for the two of you. Weekend getaways are great for shopping, spa days, hiking or even enjoying a night out in the city.
Treating her to a mini vacation will leave her feeling extra rested and she will certainly appreciate the thoughtfulness!
The Kitchen of Her Dreams
Nothing says “I love you” more than turning your Mother’s dream kitchen into a reality! If the Mom in your life spends a lot of time in her kitchen whipping up her favorite recipes for the family, but can hardly stand the look of her outdated countertops, it’s time for a remodel! Consider refinishing your Mom’s existing kitchen surfaces for a beautiful, new look and feel without the mess, hassle and cost of traditional replacement methods. You can’t go wrong with a durable, long-lasting solution that’s not only budget friendly but delivers high-quality results.
Scrapbook of Memories
Stroll down memory lane with a scrapbook filled with heartfelt memories! Use online album builders like Shutterfly for an easy to design scrapbook that can be delivered straight to your front doorstep. If you prefer to design it yourself, stores like Hobby Lobby and JoAnn Fabrics offer a great selection of scrapbook paper, embellishments and stickers. Moms love gifts that come straight from the heart. Plus, she will be able to look back and cherish all the fun memories you have together.
Monthly Gift Clubs
Moms deserve to be pampered not just in the month of May but all year long! Now with monthly programs like Monthly Wine Clubs, Monthly Cheese Clubs and Monthly Book Clubs you can give your Mom a Mother’s Day gift that lasts all year. After all, it’s the little things that will make her smile the most!
Unique Mother’s Day gift ideas show Mom just how much she means to you! For more information about remodeling your Mother’s kitchen or a bathroom for Mother’s Day, visit Miracle Method’s website right here.
If you’re one of the many homeowners who have damaged countertops in your kitchen or have a shower in your bathroom that’s just impossible to clean, it’s time to consider a serious makeover! There’s no better time to start tackling those remodeling projects you’ve been planning for years than when you’ve got a little extra cash to do it. Tax refunds make for a great opportunity to reinvest your money right back into your home.
We’ve put together a list of home improvement projects that will be sure to help you get the most out of your tax return this year!
1. Kitchen Remodel: One of the best places to spend your tax return is in your very own kitchen. Experts agree that kitchen remodeling generates a significant return on investment. By selecting an efficient, yet high-quality remodeling solution like Miracle Method’s refinishing process you can upgrade your kitchen for a fraction of the cost of messy tear-out and replacement. With cost-savings like this, you’ll have some extra room in your budget for new appliances, light fixtures and other accessories to help modernize your kitchen.
2. Door & Window Upgrades: Boost your home’s curb appeal by replacing your front door and windows! Swapping out old, drafty or broken doors or windows are considered smart ways to spend your tax return for many important reasons. The best part about door and window upgrades is you can save big on your energy bills. You will also improve security and overall increase the value of your home. Whether you’re planning on staying in your home for many more years or thinking about putting it on the market, budget-friendly upgrades provides a significant return on your investment (ROI.)
3. Bathroom Renovations: When it comes to home improvements, updating your bathrooms in your home will certainly benefit the entire family. Old, discolored and ugly bathroom fixtures like vanities, bathtubs, showers, tile surrounds and floors can dramatically age the look and feel of your home. For a time and cost-saving option, consider repairing and refinishing your existing fixtures right in place. To complete your remodel swap, add new mirrors, change up your decor and replace light fixtures. These small decorative changes will give your bathroom the makeover it truly deserves!
4. Customize your Closet: Designing a closet space that’s beautiful, yet functional might not be a priority for the rest of the family, but it certainly offers an excellent return on investment. Use your tax return to customize your closet space exactly the way you want it! By installing new shelves, hooks, shoe racks and drawers you will create maximum storage space. It may be a difficult task to remodel your closet at first, but when you’re ready to sell your home it will be far more appealing to buyers out on the market. Use these tips from HGTV to get organized!
Spend your tax return on a remodeling project that adds beauty and value to your home! For more information affordable refinishing services, call Miracle Method at (855) 212-7337, or visit the website by clicking right here.
Spring is right around the corner! It is once again time to pull out the shorts, put on the sunscreen and to start contemplating spring cleaning. Spring cleaning can be an enormous difficult endeavor, but it is something that needs to be done each and every year. While a lot of people put in a tremendous amount of effort to keep their homes clean, many will overlook some of the most crucial areas each Spring. Within this comprehensive guide, you will learn how to make your home immaculate during your annual Spring cleaning!
Plan To Trash Stuff: Many people only see Spring cleaning as a time to pull out the Windex and wash their windows. While this is one step in the bigger picture, it is also important to use the opportunity to organize and declutter your home. A cluttered home is an uncomfortable home. By getting your home under control and immaculately organized, you will be able to save yourself a lot of trouble in the long run. You’ll be able to figure out precisely where everything is located and your productivity will increase.
Suffice to say, trashing a lot of older belongings can be enormously beneficial. Get rid of the items you do not need and better organize those that you do!
Climb Into Your Attic: Many people completely ignore their attic. This can prove to be very problematic in the long run. Climbing into and cleaning your attic will prove to be very helpful. First and foremost, you should realize that there are various problems that will originate in this area of your home. If your roof begins to leak, you will know about it by looking in your attic. This will give you the ability to put a stop to mold, so you do not have to go through the dreadful home mold removal process. Aside from helping you avoid home mold remediation, venturing into your attic can also help you get rid of allergens.
Wash everything down and you’ll get rid of a lot of dust and debris. In return, this will improve your home’s air quality and make you significantly healthier.
Targeting The Garage: Before going any further, you should check out your garage. A lot of people make the mistake of stashing unneeded items in this area of their home. Unfortunately, this will cause the items to build up and accumulate over a period of time. Each Spring, you should target your garage and get rid of the items you no longer need. Clean up the area and consider adding a new layer of paint to the floor and walls. This combination will help make your home’s garage look brand new, while simultaneously ensuring you have enough room in the garage for your vehicle!
Also, be sure to look around your garage for mold. If you spot anything that looks remotely similar to mold, it is pertinent to contact a home mold removal professional immediately!
The Exterior: Your home’s exterior is equally, if not more, important than the interior. While you tend to look at the interior more, you should understand that the exterior of your home will play a role in helping others develop an impression about you and your family. If the exterior is left unclean, your neighbors will develop a negative opinion about you. With this in mind, it is pertinent to carefully clean your home on the outside during your annual Spring cleaning. Clean down the siding and wash all of the windows.
A little bit of effort will go a long way and will ultimately help to make your home look shiny a new once again. Just remember that you may need a ladder and a pressure washer to remove some of the buildup from your siding.
Clean Your Appliance: Your appliances are utilized on a daily basis. Unfortunately, they’re cleaned infrequently. This can become a problem. Your refrigerator will eventually begin to smell horrible, if a piece of food is left behind and it begins to decay. Also, you should not neglect your stove, washer and dryer. These items will need a little attention too. When it comes to the dryer, you should clean all exterior sides, while also putting a lot of emphasis on the dryer’s vent. You may need to hire a professional to help you get the vent cleaned thoroughly.
Just remember that a clogged dryer vent could result in a house fire. Therefore, it is pertinent to get the vent cleaned frequently. There is no better time to do that than Spring cleaning!
Mold Inspection: When it comes to spring cleaning, you will need to create a checklist. The checklist should include home mold remediation, but first you will need to do a thorough inspection of the home. Basements, attics and crawlspaces are the most common areas, where mold will grow. These areas a mostly dark and damp, making them the perfect place for mold to grow. Mold remediation entails removing any materials that have been damaged by mold. It also includes cleaning up the area and making the necessary repairs.
Many homeowners tend to take home mold removal on as a DIY project. While this works great for most people, mold removal specialists should clean up areas over 20 by 20’. Once the process is complete, you will probably need to add a dehumidifier to the area to reduce the moisture.
Window Cleaning: One of the most dreaded spring-cleaning tasks is window cleaning. If you are like most people, you probably have difficulty achieving a clean window, without streaks, fuzz and smudges. Cleaning experts will tell you to utilize newspapers, vinegar and water to clean the windows. While this sounds sort of strange, it actually works, because vinegar is capable of killing germs and bacteria. It will also not leave any residual behind to plague the visibility of your windows. Newspapers work more effectively than paper towels, because they do not leave small particles of paper behind.
The ink and paper act like a gentle abrasive that will give the windows a thorough cleaning. Paper towels are designed to absorb moisture and liquids. Newspapers are to be read by people, not for cleaning purposes, but they work wonderfully for cleaning windows. Use these nifty Spring cleaning tips and tricks to get organized!
This article, written by Pure Airways